1.08.2012

2012

NYE was great and exactly the way anyone/everyone should start out a new year.  We opted to forego any partying and hopped a bus to Ilsan beach to check out Daewangam Park, an awesome set of rocks on the water that you get to by a wee little footbridge, that as you cross, you think "Wow, it would totally blow if this fell and I crashed into the water."  Since it was a night hike, we couldn't really see anything and we froze our eyeballs off, but we concluded that water and nature-y stuff at night is cool and ominous.  The waves hit the rocks and it sounded like thunder, and there were stars and planets in the sky.  We stared at Jupiter and Neptune for a while and then went to thaw out at a coffee shop.  BUT!  Before we thawed out, we found this thing.  This crazy thing called love...

On our way down the rocks, there was this random booth.  I was seriously excited because it looked like a photo booth, and has anyone ever not had fun in a photo booth?  Turns out, it was a Post Office...a Post Office of Love.  It offered little postcards so that you can mail love letters.  WHO DOESN'T WANT TO START OFF THEIR NEW YEAR SENDING LOVE LETTERS?!  So, Old Man Pops, check your mailboxy, here's hoping the Post Office of Love mails internationally.

Post Office of Love with ladies I love.

Poor Matty Pants was poooooped after this hike, and he was frozen because I went a little crazy with the scissors and his hair earlier in the day; he lost about 10lbs of curls which apparently = brrr.  We be-bopped into a coffee shop with our own soju, our own snacks, and our own dog and sat there for an hour without ordering a thaang.  It was a lot like being homeless and looking for a warm place to sleep, which Matty did immediately with a giant thud from his head onto the table.  At which point, we were all "let's annoy him and dress him up and take pictures."  Because ain't no thang sweeter than a sleepy pup in winter scarves and stuff.  I need a major dose of my pitbull/shepherd/doberman crew at home.  Life with this guy is getting way too cute for comfort.

HappyNewYearLetMeSleepDamnit

Six days into 2012 I booked a one way ticket to Bali, departing July 1.  Where I go from there, nobody knows, but my adventures will include an amazing lady alongside for part of the way, some solo travel (seeking another fellow traveler or two, any takers?), and lots of sights/living/falling in love/being dirty/hopefully eating well/volunteering/exhaustion/happiness.

I anticipate a lot from this year.  I am most looking forward to another year of me-on-my-own-thinking-freely, exploration and discovery, and love; love for myself and all of the incredible people who surround me in my life (dude, there are so many of them.  and their levels of incredible'ness are overwhelming).

This song defined my 2011.  To be honest, I hope it defines my 2012, as well.  Nothing like growing up and finding yourself, and then finding yourself again (and again).   Right?  Go '12.


No comments: